Chiropractic Solutions for Neck and Back Pain
Neck pain and back pain can completely spoil your ability to enjoy everyday life, perform your job, or even sleep. But you may be suffering in silence, afraid of undergoing invasive treatments such as major surgery. If so, you'll breathe easier knowing that chiropractic care and other conservative methods can provide the relief you need.
Neck and Back Pain Symptoms and Causes
Neck pain and back pain both have one critical factor in common:the spinal column. Your spine starts with the topmost cervical vertebrae,extending through the thoracic and lumbar vertebrae to the sacral vertebrae and tailbone. Dysfunction along any of these components can produce similar symptoms, including pain, no matter where they may occur. Both your neck and your back are supported by connective tissues and major muscle groups, and these, too, can suffer from damage or dysfunction. The resulting pain may feel sharp and intense, or it may be more of a diffuse aching sensation. Common causes of neck and back pain include:
- Whiplash - This debilitating neck injury is the result of your head being whipped back and forth violently in an auto collision or other force-transferring incident. It can cause torn neck muscles, dislocations of the cervical vertebrae, and cervical nerve root compression.
- Sciatica - This impingement of the sciatic nerve roots, which connect the body's largest nerve to the spinal cord, can cause both leg pain and lower back pain.
- Bulging/herniated discs - A bulging or herniated disc in either the neck or the back can apply compression to major spinal nerves or even to the spinal cord,causing a variety of painful symptoms. Herniated discs may also expose the tissue to inflammatory substances.
- Postural issues - Pregnancy is an obvious example of a postural change that alters spinal alignment. This can cause vertebral joint stress, nerve impingement and muscle strain, leading to neck pain and/or lower back pain. Along-undiagnosed chronic misalignment can cause the same problems.
- Degenerative conditions - Spinal stenosis, spondylolis thesis, and arthritis of the spinal joints can cause either neck pain or back pain.
Neck and Back Pain Treatment at Hayes Chiropractic Center
Bring your neck or back pain to Hayes Chiropractic Center for non-surgical answers to your distress. Our San Diego chiropractor can analyze your spinal column, alignment and posture, while discussing your symptoms with you to determine exactly where the underlying problem lies. Cervical spinal adjustments can correct positional problems and disc-related pain in the neck,while lumbar adjustments can free you from sciatica and acute lower-back pain.Since these adjusts also normalize your musculo skeletal balance, they can even reduce muscular aches and pains. Massage therapy, corrective exercises, and lifestyle recommendations can reinforce and complement the benefits of chiropractic care for neck and back pain.
Life is too short to be in pain all the time. Call us today at(858) 750-2427 to schedule a spinal evaluation and chiropractic treatment for your neck or back problem!